Consider the environment...
We understand that event organisers are increasingly concerned with environmental issues associated with the events industry. This is why we are proud to have created Plan-it green™; our sustainable events programme comprising of committed stakeholders throughout the EICC.
Greening the conference and events sector has become a moral challenge worldwide, requiring leadership, vision and above all, commitment by each one of us.
At the EICC we have already put in place the following initiatives which each of our operations teams have made a commitment to pursuing:
- Establishment of a property specific "green team", to adopt and implement earth-friendly practices in our businesses and to become better stewards of the natural resources that we utilise.
- Sourcing and purchasing environmentally sensitive products and services locally, whenever possible.
- Purchasing organic fresh and sustainable foods locally grown, whenever possible.
- Creating partnerships with other organisations that have demonstrated a commitment to preserving the environment.
- Leading our associates to apply eco-friendly practices in their daily operations.
- Energy efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems, as well as water-saving devices
- Implementing tools that allow us to continually measure the progress of our environmental operations.
We're not here to tell you how green your next event should be, that's up to you, but if you're as serious as we are about environmental sustainability, then we can help you. We can offer advice and support through every stage of the planning process to support your own objectives.
Take a journey through Scotland's greenest convention centre and work with us to protect the environment and make your next event a responsible event.